Here's The Dish!

Welcome to my website! I aim to provide my followers and fellow college students with some yummy, healthy, low budget recipes. I will also list ways to save money but also slim your waist!
No one wants to add the infamous college 10, 20 pounds!

Lets start cooking and if you have any questions please feel free to email me at evelynscollegecooking@gmail.com.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Healthy-Easy-Banana Bread, Oh My!

All breads are not created equal!
I found this recipe on Pinterest a long time ago and have been meaning to make it! I love this recipe because all of the ingredients are readily available, its economical, healthy, and better yet, delicious. I am interning this summer and have moved in with my boyfriend (oh my) and let me tell you, this boy can eat. He and I are also health food freaks, we love to cook healthy and eat clean. I constantly look for healthy recipes that not only are good for your waistline but delicious.


This recipe could not have come at a better time, my boyfriend has been on a extremely strict diet for the past three-four (forever) months, and has gone without bread and "treats" to prepare for his Physique Competition. His hard work payed off when he won his class, and it was about time he loaded up on some carbs! This is where I step in! 

Penzey Spices make everything taste better.
I love bread, and the BEST thing about this bread is that there is no butter, oils, or granulated sugar. Instead you use unsweetened apple sauce and honey! Mmm two of my favorite and most used ingredients. I virtually do not buy butter anymore. Its not that I am anti-butter but if you can go without the calories and fat, why not?



This bread is also super moist, easy to take on the go, a great way to carb up before a workout, makes a large batch, and picky boyfriend approved! Sounds like a winning combination to me. Sorry there is only one picture, after I made it I snapped a quick shot and before I knew it-- It was all gone!

Check out 8 Weeks to a Better You Blog for yummy smoothie & breakfast ideas! 

So delicious, it will be gone within two days!


Ingredients:

3 Mashed Bananas (ripe-or brown, both work just fine!)
2 Cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
2 Teaspoons Penzey Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
3/4 Cup Honey
2 Eggs Beaten

To-do:

1) Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a medium square cake pan or bread pan.
2) Whisk dry ingredients together: flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
3) Mash the bananas, and mix in honey, apple sauce, and eggs.
4) Place in the oven for 45-50 minutes if using medium cake pan, for bread pan try 55-60 minutes!

Enjoy this delicious bread for breakfast with almond butter on top or plain with a side of fruit!   

No comments:

Post a Comment