Here's The Dish!

Welcome to my website! I aim to provide my followers and fellow college students with some yummy, healthy, low budget recipes. I will also list ways to save money but also slim your waist!
No one wants to add the infamous college 10, 20 pounds!

Lets start cooking and if you have any questions please feel free to email me at evelynscollegecooking@gmail.com.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Lemon Basil Tilapia



Lemon Basil Tilapia, one of my summer favorites! Tilapia is low in fat and a great source of protein. Not only is tilapia healthy for you it is also inexpensive compared to salmon. So there ya have it-- easy to make, delicious, and inexpensive? Sounds like a win to me!



Cooking fish during the summer time is a must. Fish is light meal that is perfect paired with a glass of wine, good company, and dinner outside on the patio. I also like cooking with citrus for a burst of healthy, natural flavors! So pairing the two together seemed like a great idea!



This is hardly a recipe, and more of a method due to how easy this. Make this for the next date night! Instead of going out, stay in with this recipe and large glass of wine.

Ingredients:

4 Fresh Water Tilapia Fillets.
2 Large Lemons
Basil Spice (I of course used my favorite, Penzey Basil Spice-- YUM!)

To-do:

1) Place oven on broil
2) Slice lemons into medium thick slices
3) Spray a cooking sheet with PAM
4) Place lemons on cooking sheet and add the tilapia on top
5) Sprinkle with desired amount of basil
6) Cook for about 12 minutes and then flip tilapia for another 10 minutes. Watch closely, you do not want to burn the tilapia.
7) Squeeze extra lemon on top if desired and add mixed veggies as a side dish. I used my Veggin' Out Skinny Girl Style mixed veggies recipe!

1 comment:

  1. Woah woah woah... wait... Its summer and you want me to broil something in the oven? ;) Just giving ya a hard time. Although, since we dont have A/C at the moment (80 degrees out) and fan breezy warm air inside... I might opt to fry them.. although, its not the healthiest choice. :) Any recommendations that route by any chance? Braising maybe? Im not sure, I have fried Tilapia straight up with herbs, and its yummy; but never braised (nor have I really braised ANYTHING before). But adding lemon to frying... doesnt sound like the best, especially to a wrought iron pan (acidic juices like tomato can "ruin" the seasoned pan - not sure about lemon, though... any idea? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete