Here's The Dish!

Welcome to my website! I aim to provide my followers and fellow college students with some yummy, healthy, low budget recipes. I will also list ways to save money but also slim your waist!
No one wants to add the infamous college 10, 20 pounds!

Lets start cooking and if you have any questions please feel free to email me at evelynscollegecooking@gmail.com.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Easy, Cheesy, & YUMMY! Chedder & Apple Wheat Sandwich

Before you 'neg' this... Give this sandwich a try! Its healthy, cheap, and takes less than 10 minutes to whip up! I started just grabbing random ingredients out of my refrigerator and viola you have a quick, filling, cheap, and most importantly HEALTHY lunch. Enjoy!

Ingredients:


1 Medium Sized Apple (cut into slices)

    • Only use a few slices-- save the other to eat instead of chips with your meal.
    • The slices that I used for the sandwich I cut up into small chunks
2 Slices of Wheat Bread
1 TBS Mustard
Shredded Cheddar Cheese or Two Slices of Cheddar Cheese



Putting It all Together:

Slice up your apple slices into small cubes.

Spread mustard on both sides of the wheat bread slices.

I used shredded cheddar cheese but if you have slices of cheddar cheese place on each side of the bread.

Then place the cut up apples on one slice of bread.

Now I used a Panini Maker (it should take less than 2 minutes to melt the cheese).

You can also place your sandwich on a sprayed skillet and cook each side on Medium-High heat for about 2 minutes on each side or until each side is golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment