Here's The Dish!

Welcome to my website! I aim to provide my followers and fellow college students with some yummy, healthy, low budget recipes. I will also list ways to save money but also slim your waist!
No one wants to add the infamous college 10, 20 pounds!

Lets start cooking and if you have any questions please feel free to email me at evelynscollegecooking@gmail.com.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Mmm mmm Pulled BBQ Chicken Biscuits


I played hooky from school today. It was raining outside! What do you expect? Okay that is bad... But I wanted stay dry and... use my crock pot (guilty). Unfortunately, I didn't have an exact idea of what to make! So I began to look in my pantry, refrigerator, and freezer for some ideas!

I found some BBQ sauce, chicken, soy sauce, brown sugar, and a thing of biscuits! Viola, BBQ pulled chicken biscuits yummm! Perfect for a dinner for two with left overs for lunch or breakfast burritos! 

Here is what you need: 

Chicken breasts (I used four small frozen chicken breasts)
1-2 Cups BBQ Sauce
2 TBS Soy Sauce
2 TBS Brown Sugar
1/4 of an Onion Chopped
 (Feel free to make it your own! Throw in some green peppers if you like!

Place all of these ingredients in your crock pot on high for 4-6 hours or 6-8 hours on low. This is perfect you can put this in before you go to class and have dinner ready for you when you get back!

After your chicken is done. Turn on low and begin to pull apart the chicken. The chicken should be really tender and easily pull apart. 

Don't forget the biscuits! I used the butter biscuits from HEB and followed the instructions on the back 400 degrees for 10-13 minutes!



No comments:

Post a Comment