Here's The Dish!

Welcome to my website! I aim to provide my followers and fellow college students with some yummy, healthy, low budget recipes. I will also list ways to save money but also slim your waist!
No one wants to add the infamous college 10, 20 pounds!

Lets start cooking and if you have any questions please feel free to email me at evelynscollegecooking@gmail.com.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Budget Savvy: Spa & Fondue Date Night IN

My little handmade menu and spa set up! Budget Savvy Date Night In! Make life fun :)

It seems like everyone is on a budget these days, and if you are not (lucky), why not save a little extra money from time to time? This past weekend was my weekend for date night, and I wanted to do something fun, out of the ordinary, and economical. Like most college students I try my best to stay on a really tight budget and when date night comes around you can spend upwards of 50.00 (and I am thinking that is a low number.) When you factor in a decent restaurant with food, adult beverages, and dessert you are looking right around 30 bucks. Then there is the movie which tickets now-a-days can start right around 9-10 bucks? And the candy, popcorn, soda, oh my... I lost count. Thank god I am not a finance or business major ;).

But in all seriousness it gets a little pricey. 

I got a fondue maker a few years ago, and I have been just dying to use it. Ironically, my boyfriend and I had just talked about the Melting Pot restaurant and then -ding- it just hit me, why not bring the Melting Pot to our home? Seemed like the right thing and budget-friendly thing to do. So once the idea popped in my head, I began planning. 

The first thing to do is plan out your menu-- look for things that you already have in the pantry to incorporate into the meal. For example, I had tilapia, and quinoa I wanted to use. Once I figured out what I wanted to make I drew out a menu. Literally, created my own little menu on some of my class notebook paper. Haha...

This was what I made. Click on the links for the recipes. 

I could barely snap a picture before it was gone. Check out the recipe I attached the links above.


Everything was a huge hit, simple to make and extremely economical. I was even able to get two bottles of Australian wines for only 10 buckaroos! 

The next order of business was my homemade Spa. I used homemade remedies I found on Pinterest. Click on the links to find the tutorial.

Spa:

- Tea Tree Oil face wash (The Body Shop). Use whatever face wash you have to take off your make up.


- Tea Tree Oil Face Mask (The Body Shop).


- Massage

Green Monsters. Haha.




Haha we are dorks.

 Then MOVIE! Rent a Redbox or watch one on Netflix!


Other cheap date night ideas:

Picnic under the stars-- bring a lantern and bug spray!
Aspirin Scrub.
Scary Movie night-- have a popcorn bar. Popcorn is extremely inexpensive and a fun way to experiment with different toppings check it out here.
Paris Date Night- Pop open a bottle of champagne, and eat cheese, meats, and crackers! Yumm.  







Attached below are some of my favorite date night ideas I found on Pinterest.


Thirty Things From Hopes AND Dreams. (Jason and I did this AND LOVED IT!)

Kisses! Enjoy a date night and being budget savvy!


No comments:

Post a Comment