Here's The Dish!

Welcome to my website! I aim to provide my followers and fellow college students with some yummy, healthy, low budget recipes. I will also list ways to save money but also slim your waist!
No one wants to add the infamous college 10, 20 pounds!

Lets start cooking and if you have any questions please feel free to email me at evelynscollegecooking@gmail.com.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

White Wine Tomato & Capers Tilapia



Yep, you read it right-- whitee winee. If you don't know anything about me, the first thing you should know, is that I am a HUGE wine-o. Don't judge me, or do. Its just who I am. And when I can cook with wine? Ah, I am sold. Adding a little wine makes everything better! :)

I paired this recipe with my previous post, Black Bean & Avocado Quinoa Wraps (to die for) click the link to view the recipe or you could add steamed broccoli or asparagus. Anyways, last night was my night for date night and to save money, I figured we could do date night IN! Which is one of my all time favorites. And since dessert was dark chocolate fondue (amaze, don't worry I will most def post it) I figured I should do a lighter appetizer and main course.

Jason and I are health FREAKS minus the fact he killed the rest of the sugar cookies this morning, hey you gotta live from time to time right? Anyways, we try and eat healthy its just part of our lifestyle and one of our favorite things to make and eat is tilapia. Low fat and an excellent source of protein.

I love cooking tilapia because it is healthy and so much cheaper to prepare than salmon. We try and stay within a pretty tight budget and cooking with tilapia gives us the top-of-the-line expensive dinner feel on a college student budget.

This recipe, like the majority of my recipes, is healthy, easy to make, and budget savvy. Enjoy-- I know we did! :)


Black bean and avocado quinoa wraps & the white wine tomato tilapia! Yummy!


Ingredients:

1 Bag Farm Raised Tilapia
1 Roma Tomato Diced
1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
1-2 Tablespoons Capers
2 Tablespoons White Wine (or white wine vinegar)
Salt
Pepper

To do:

1) Place your oven on broil.
2) On a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan, place some aluminum foil or wax paper down. Spray the pan and spread out your tilapia. Sprinkle a little salt, pepper or if you want some seasonal on both sides of the fish.
3) While the oven is heating, in a small mixing bowl mix the diced tomato, garlic, wine, and capers.
4) Place the tilapia in the oven for 5-6 minutes on each side.
5) When each side has been cooked, take the tilapia out of the oven and spread the tomato-caper-wine mixture on top of the fish.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment