Here's The Dish!

Welcome to my website! I aim to provide my followers and fellow college students with some yummy, healthy, low budget recipes. I will also list ways to save money but also slim your waist!
No one wants to add the infamous college 10, 20 pounds!

Lets start cooking and if you have any questions please feel free to email me at evelynscollegecooking@gmail.com.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Evelyn's Healthy Almond Chocolate Protein Shake


Better than a chocolate shake!

No, no this is not dessert but, it might as well be because this protein shake is such a treat! I have been meaning to post this (along with a few other recipes) for a long time now. I just have been so busy with my summer classes. I make this shake a lot. Especially when I am busy. It takes virtually five minutes to make and is great after a long workout or a meal on the go. Not to mention, with the heat being at record highs, this is a tasty-healthy-filling way to cool down.

Ingredients:

1 Medium Banana
1 Cup Dark Chocolate Almond Milk
1-2 Tablespoons Almond Butter (I use MaraNatha No Stir All Natural)
1 Scoop Chocolate Protein Powder (Optional-- if I am using protein powder I do not use as much almond butter)
1/2 Cup Ice (about 5 medium sized cubes)

To-do-

Place all ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth! Place in a large glass and enjoy!

Variations and additions:

Instead of Bananas: add in some strawberries for a chocolatey strawberry treat.

Add: flaxseed, protein powder, fibers, ect.

No comments:

Post a Comment