Here's The Dish!

Welcome to my website! I aim to provide my followers and fellow college students with some yummy, healthy, low budget recipes. I will also list ways to save money but also slim your waist!
No one wants to add the infamous college 10, 20 pounds!

Lets start cooking and if you have any questions please feel free to email me at evelynscollegecooking@gmail.com.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Strawberry Cake Cookies



I have been going through a little dry spell with posting lately. It has been quite the busy summer with work and lots of school. I swear its like dancing backwards in high heels, or cowgirl boots. I graduate in December (que the hallelujah song) and making sure everything is set for graduation has been taking up the majority of my time.

Now if only I could find a "big girl" job. I am entering the "REAL WORLD" as if its not real enough in college. Sorry I am rambling. Needless to say, I have been cooking a ton of delicious things for my boyfriend, his roommates, friends, and family I just haven't find the time to do what I love most, blog!

I love this recipe because, there are so many variations, it makes a ton of cookies (which is great for parties or hungry boys), it is extremely economical, and something quick and easy to make with the kids, friends, or significant other. Heck, its a quick and easy recipe to make by yourself!

Now this is not one of my healthy recipes, but I figured since it is a budget savvy recipe I would post it. Summer seems to be filled with cookouts, dinners, picnics, and various gatherings, and this recipe is so versatile and inexpensive it just seems like the perfect fit.

Jason and I try and budget our money but he was surprised when I asked him what type of cookie I should make, I choose strawberry. So this recipe is for the strawberry cookies I made but below I will listed a few alternative ideas if strawberry isn't your thing!

Note: If you have a cookie loving boyfriend HIDE THE COOKIES BEFORE THE PARTY! Or else they might just be gone before! 

Scroll down for healthy variations and other cookie ideas.  





Ingredients:

1 Box Strawberry Cake Mix
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Oil (of choice)
1 Tablespoon Almond or Vanilla Extract
Any extras: white dark chocolate, nuts, dried fruit ect. I made my plain to save even more money. They were delicious plain!

To do:

1) Preheat the oven to 350.
2) Sift together the cake mix and baking soda.
3) Stir in the eggs, oil, and almond extract.
4) Add any of your extras!
5) Place on wax paper or aluminum covered cookie sheets and place in preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
 
Enjoy!

Healthy variations:

- 1 Cup greek yogurt and 1/4 cup water.

Other cookie ideas:

- Vanilla cake mix, same recipe, with mini chocolate chips.
- Chocolate cake mix, same recipe, and add peanut butter chocolate chips.
- Vanilla cake mix, same recipe, add sprinkles on top. Perfect for a birthday party!



Try my cream cheese frosting on top!

Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:

1 8oz Cream Cheese (I use the low fat kind)
1/4 Stick Butter
1 Teaspoon Vanilla or Almond Extract
1 Box Powder Sugar (taste as you go!)

Mix all ingredients together. And spread on a cooled cake. I place my cake in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes before I add the frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment