Here's The Dish!

Welcome to my website! I aim to provide my followers and fellow college students with some yummy, healthy, low budget recipes. I will also list ways to save money but also slim your waist!
No one wants to add the infamous college 10, 20 pounds!

Lets start cooking and if you have any questions please feel free to email me at evelynscollegecooking@gmail.com.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Arribbaa! Three Ingredient: Chicken Tacos


I have made these chicken tacos before but I have failed in posting them! Or maybe we all eat them before I can take a picture...! Either way, be careful they are super delicious and addicting! I keep thinking of the Lay's commercial, "Betcha can't eat just one!" I decided to make these tonight because I had some left over black beans that I wanted to use! This recipe is simple and delicious. Sometimes the most delicious recipes are the simplest. You can have this as chicken tortilla soup if you do not want to place them in tortillas or on tortilla chips. Whatever your heart desires, I can assure you that either way-- you will incorporate this meal onto your weekly menu!



What you need:

5-6 Frozen Chicken Tenderloins (Or 1C Organic Black Beans-- I used both! Yum!)
1 Jar Medium Pace Salsa
1 Packet Taco Seasoning (Inexpensive and a great way to season.)

Place all of these ingredients in your crock-pot on High for two hours, then switch down to low or medium. Always check your chicken to make sure there is no pink. If you are going to be going to class or in the office for awhile, simply place on low from 4-6 hours!

Once the chicken is cooked, shred up the chicken, warm up some wheat tortillas, and serve! You do not have to place the tacos in a tortilla. These are just as good on tortilla chips, or as soup. So do whatever your heart desires. I added black beans in mine because I had left overs and some cheese! You can also add onions, bell peppers, or corn! Go ahead take this simple recipe and make it your own!


Optional:
Wheat Tortillas -- I like mine in wheat tortillas only 130 calories for a large tortilla that is 98% fat free!
Tortilla Chips
Shredded Cheese
Onions, bell pepper, or corn (great way to add in veggies-- your kids, friends , boyfriend, hubby won't even notice!)

No comments:

Post a Comment