Here's The Dish!

Welcome to my website! I aim to provide my followers and fellow college students with some yummy, healthy, low budget recipes. I will also list ways to save money but also slim your waist!
No one wants to add the infamous college 10, 20 pounds!

Lets start cooking and if you have any questions please feel free to email me at evelynscollegecooking@gmail.com.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Skinny Girl Tuna Cakes


Skinny Girl Tuna Cakes 
So much cheaper than crab cakes yet still super delicious and healthy! Try them for yourself! I just threw some ingredients together and presto dinner is served!


Ingredients: 
1 5OZ Can of Albacore Tuna
2 Tbs Quick Oats
1/4 C Egg Whites (I used a little less) 
A little lemon juice (optional, but nice pop of flavor)
Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb Seasoning (secret ingredient: no sodium!)
Capers (optional)

2 Tuna Cake's: 182.5 calories without capers. Tuna with capers: 195 calories.

Drain the tuna. Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Place on a nonstick pan or one sprayed. This is healthier than frying in oil. Although, if all you have is oil that will be fine for this one time. Alternate from side to side until a golden brown. Not too dark or they will be dry.




I placed some veggies in a PAM sprayed pan while the cakes where cooking. I used carrots, yellow bell peppers, onions, and brocoli. But again, use the veggies that you prefer! Add a splash of Mrs. Dash and voila a yummy and healthy low fat, low carb meal! 

This serves one! But it is always easy to double! Enjoy!   

No comments:

Post a Comment