Here's The Dish!

Welcome to my website! I aim to provide my followers and fellow college students with some yummy, healthy, low budget recipes. I will also list ways to save money but also slim your waist!
No one wants to add the infamous college 10, 20 pounds!

Lets start cooking and if you have any questions please feel free to email me at evelynscollegecooking@gmail.com.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Skinny Style Cauli-Pizza




Oh my gosh. Yummm! I love this pizza! Especially the crust. You will never guess what I made the crust with... Cauliflower! Yep, Cauliflower. I have heard of using cauliflower for mashed potatoes but never as pizza crust! Thanks Pinterest! So I made this pizza in honor of the one and only, Jeremy Prenger.


What you need:

Crust--


11/2C Grated Head of cauliflower (cheap, healthy)
1 Egg
1C Low-fat Mozzarella Cheese
Oregano
Garlic Salt
1/2 TSP Garlic Salt


Toppings--

I used
Spinach leaves
Left over Ground Turkey from my Skinny Bella Pasta last night
1/4C Mozzarella Cheese
Less than 1/2C Ragu light Tomato Basil Sauce
Reduced Fat Feta
Green Olives

What to do:
1) Preheat oven to 450.
2) Grate the cauliflower. Place cauliflower in microwave for 8 minutes.
3) Add in all of the rest of the crust ingredients. Mix.
4) Spay cookie sheet or pizza stone, so the crust does not stick.
5) Spread the "dough" to make your pizza shape (a good idea would be to make mini pizzas)
6) Place in oven for 12 minutes.
7) Take pizza crust out when done. Place oven on broil.
8) Add all of your toppings-- check the bottom for variations.
9) Place back in oven for 5 minutes! Presto, you are done!

Enjoy!

Topping Variations:
BBQ Pizza: Light BBQ Sauce and shredded grilled chicken maybe some onions and mozzarella.
Hawaiian Pizza: Add pineapple and turkey bacon.
Veggie Pizza: Mixed Veggies and grape seed oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment