Here's The Dish!

Welcome to my website! I aim to provide my followers and fellow college students with some yummy, healthy, low budget recipes. I will also list ways to save money but also slim your waist!
No one wants to add the infamous college 10, 20 pounds!

Lets start cooking and if you have any questions please feel free to email me at evelynscollegecooking@gmail.com.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Rise and Shine Saturday Skinny Waffles!




I don't know about you, but I love breakfast. I woke up this morning craving waffles! Although sadly, when I think of waffles, I think of tons of calories. Since it is a Saturday morning I thought why not get creative and set out to make the healthiest waffles I could think of. So I rolled out of bed and set out to create not only healthy but delicious waffles using egg whites, wheat or buckwheat flour, unsweetened almond milk, and stevia. I must say it was a huge success! Thanks to Egg Beaters and my alteration ideas!


I am so glad I did this... These are the YUMMIEST Waffles I have EVER had. So put down the generic 'just add water' waffle shakers. Do your health and your loved ones a favor by doing these simple alterations. Enjoy!

Serving Size: 7-8 Fluffy Waffles



Ingredients:

2C Bob's Red Mill Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
6 Packets of Organic Stevia or 2 tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 C Unsweetened Almond Milk or Fat Free Milk
1/4 C Butter Melted (1/2 Stick) I used Fleishmann's Original Butter
1/2 C Egg Beaters
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
PAM


1. Mix all of your dry ingredients Whole Wheat Pastry Flour, Stevia, Baking Powder, and Salt. Sift together all of the ingredients (use a fork or a wire whisk).
2. Add Almond Milk, Butter, Egg Beaters, and Vanilla. Mix until lump free.
3. Spray griddles on waffle maker. Place batter and cook.

While your waffles are on the griddle:

I sprayed PAM on the skillet. Peel & cut an apple. Place in skillet with some ground cinnamon and stevia.



Topping Ideas:
Warmed Apples w/ Cinnamon Sugar or Ground Cinnamon and Stevia
Strawberries
Blueberries
Cherries
Chopped Dark Chocolate (Mix in: small pieces (distributes more), and you get chocolate in every bite!)
Almonds

Finally place it all together--

Waffle + fruit topping of your choice + your choice syrup (try sugar free or corn syrup)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Evelyn! So I found this recipe to make healthy pancakes. It's 1/4 cup cottage cheese (I use fat free) 1/2 cup of oatmeal, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and nutmeg. Put it all in the blender and mix it until smooth. After it is blended,fFor my husband's sweet tooth, I added some mini chocolate chips and it was so tasty this morning with pb on top! Try it out! I think you will like it! _Gwen_

    ReplyDelete