Here's The Dish!

Welcome to my website! I aim to provide my followers and fellow college students with some yummy, healthy, low budget recipes. I will also list ways to save money but also slim your waist!
No one wants to add the infamous college 10, 20 pounds!

Lets start cooking and if you have any questions please feel free to email me at evelynscollegecooking@gmail.com.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Aunt Shelley's To Die For: Veggie Burritos

I received a recipe this past week from one of the greatest cooks I know, my aunt Shelley. I have been dying to try it! Between tests, papers, and this hectic thing we call life, I finally had a chance to try it out! Before I divulge this delicious recipe, I must take a moment to thank her and my mother for continuously teaching me how to cook and bring families and friends together.

Beware this recipe is a little spicy-sweet!

What You Need:

Bell Pepper (Your choice, I used Orange)
1C Chopped Onion
1 Pablano Pepper (Optional-- Spicy)
1/2-1C Black Beans
Chopped Sweet Potato
Wheat Tortillas
Low Fat Shredded Cheese (I used LowFat Cheddar Cheese. Optional)
Pace Salsa (Optional)

Serving Size: 4


Preheat oven to 350. While oven heats, place onions and peppers in a sprayed pan on medium heat. Stir until softened. While softening, take the skin off of the sweet potato, slice into pieces, and then place in the skillet with veggies. Let the sweet potato soften for a few minutes. While your veggies and potatoes are softening, take out a cooking sheet and cover with foil. (Keep you skillet-- place to the side for later). Then place the mixture on pan and cook for about 20 minutes. The potatoes should be softened. Transfer the onion, peppers, and potato mixture back in the skillet and add your black beans! Stir and then place on a wheat tortilla with some cheese and if you want some salsa!

Notes:

Use Pace Salsa-- it is gluten free!


No comments:

Post a Comment