Here's The Dish!

Welcome to my website! I aim to provide my followers and fellow college students with some yummy, healthy, low budget recipes. I will also list ways to save money but also slim your waist!
No one wants to add the infamous college 10, 20 pounds!

Lets start cooking and if you have any questions please feel free to email me at evelynscollegecooking@gmail.com.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Skinny Bella Pasta: In Under 25 Minutos!

I was in the mood for some italian food tonight! And not in the mood for all of the carbs. I have made zucchini lasagna before and I knew I wanted to substitute the "pasta" part for veggies! So after I worked out tonight I jetted over to the local grocery store (lets be honest... HEB). I am imagining I am in Barcelona with all of their fresh produce markets. Ahh... If only. Okay I will snap back into it. Although, the one thing that is certain here is that regardless if you are in Barcelona or Texas this italian dish is muy delicioso (mmm kiss your fingers muwaaa, so Italian)!


Here is what you will need:

1TBS Grape Seed Oil***
1lb Ground Turkey (I used half a pound but cooked an entire pound-- scroll down I will explain)
Ground Pepper Flakes
Salt and Pepper
2 Zucchini
1 C No Sugar Added Reduced Spaghetti Sauce (I used Ragu Tomato Basil)
Reduced Fat Feta (Optional)
Lemon (Optional)

1) Place ground turkey and grape seed oil in a skillet on medium heat.
2) Sprinkle Ground Pepper, Salt and Pepper to taste
3) While the ground turkey is browning, take your zucchini slice off the ends and into thin spaghetti like strips.
4) Once your ground beef has been browned (set half aside if you used an entire pound-- I will explain later)
5) Add 1C Spaghetti Sauce and your sliced zucchini
6) Cook until zucchini is softened (al dente) this should take 5-7 minutes.
7) Optional: Add reduced fat feta and squeeze a little lemon on top (mmm)

Let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions! Enjoy!

Okay so, I cooked 1lb ground turkey so making tomorrow nights meal will be a breeze. I am doing a healthy twist on pizza with some ground turkey and turkey pepporonies. But this is a great way to save time on the next nights meal to all of those busy college students and moms out there. Buy cooking a full portion of ground turkey (even two pounds) you save time the next night. So instead of running through the drive through you can come home and make some turkey burgers, turkey tacos, my healthy shepherds pie or even PIZZA! So check back tomorrow night for a special Healthy Pizza meal dedicated to my friend Jeremy Prenger.


*** I am really promoting Grape Seed Oil this week. Grape seed oil has a lot of health benefits such as antioxidants that help keep cancers at bay and your skin looking marvelous. Click on the tap for more information!

PS. I really need to get a professional photographer. My pictures are not doing these meals any justice!

Inspiration: Skinniest Pasta

1 comment: