Here's The Dish!

Welcome to my website! I aim to provide my followers and fellow college students with some yummy, healthy, low budget recipes. I will also list ways to save money but also slim your waist!
No one wants to add the infamous college 10, 20 pounds!

Lets start cooking and if you have any questions please feel free to email me at evelynscollegecooking@gmail.com.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Rise & Shine: Healthy Oatmeal


Good morning loves! Hungry? Put down the bagel. Put. It. Down! This oatmeal is packed with healthy deliciousness to hold you over throughout the day. Also you can modify this recipe to fit your health and taste bud needs.

1C Boiled Water
1/2C Oats (Steel oats are less processed but rolled oats are fine too) I used quaker oats this time
A splash of unsweetened almond milk
1 Packet Organic Stevia
Sprinkle a little ground cinnamon
Banana Slices
** 1/2 Scope Vanilla Protein (optional) mine was before a workout you do not need to add this.

Variations: 

Instead of rolled oats use Steel oats or quick oats (these are the most processed try and avoid)
Add dried fruit or nuts
Instead of Stevia you can use any unsweetened sugar (I prefer stevia it is healthier)
Add in almond extract or vanilla extract

Enjoy!      

No comments:

Post a Comment