Here's The Dish!

Welcome to my website! I aim to provide my followers and fellow college students with some yummy, healthy, low budget recipes. I will also list ways to save money but also slim your waist!
No one wants to add the infamous college 10, 20 pounds!

Lets start cooking and if you have any questions please feel free to email me at evelynscollegecooking@gmail.com.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Skinny Girl Pulled Lime Chicken Tacos



This recipe is so easy, so healthy, and so delicious. I simply placed all of the ingredients in my crock pot and left for class, by the time I got home from class and work my entire apartment smelled simply divine! All you need are these simple ingredients and you are on your way to a yummy dinner (with plenty of left overs).


What you will need:

1-11/2C Water**
1TSP Ground Cumin
1TSP Chili Powder
1/2-1C Chopped Onions
1/2-1C Red Bell Pepper
1 Fresh Lime or Lime Juice (Extra for tacos/ nachos.)
5 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Tenderloins

Simply place all of the ingredients in your crock pot on low for about 6-7 hours. Once you are ready to serve place in whole wheat fat free tortillas or on some tortilla chips with the toppings of your choice.



** I used 11/2 cups water, it turned out delicious but I would recommend using only 1C. In fact, I am making this for a party next week and will try only 1C water. I will let you know how it turns out.

Topping Ideas:

Pace Medium Salsa
Avocado Slices
Shredded Cheese
Extra Lime (I am a lime lover... Guilty)

Variations:

Add a cup of Pace salsa-- Again I recommend Pace because their salsa is gluten free.
Add a can of Organic No Fat Black Beans-- I am a huge advocate for black beans. Zero fat and good carbs to energize your body.
Add Pablano Peppers-- for all of you who like spicy food Pablano peppers will this an extra kick!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment