Here's The Dish!

Welcome to my website! I aim to provide my followers and fellow college students with some yummy, healthy, low budget recipes. I will also list ways to save money but also slim your waist!
No one wants to add the infamous college 10, 20 pounds!

Lets start cooking and if you have any questions please feel free to email me at evelynscollegecooking@gmail.com.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Look Out Girl Scouts: Two Ingredient Thin Mints






Okay, okay so these may not be the healthiest thing on the block. But hey, everything in moderation right? Right! I don't know about you, but I LOVE girl scout Thin Mints! Ah so yummy. So when my mom told me about these I had to make them. Coincidently, I was leaving the  gym when she told me the news. Coincidence? Ha! Anyways, these cookies are so simple you can make a large batch for a group or a small batch just for yourself (go ahead... indulge!)

What you need: 
A boyfriend/ husband/ friends to eat these. (Optional!)

Okay so I have made these twice now (don't judge me...) and the first time I placed about 20 Andes Mints into a small sauce pan. Then I placed a larger sauce pan with water on the stove top placed on medium. Then you take your smaller sauce pan with the andes mints and place on top/ inside the bigger sauce pan. I did this because I did not want to burn the chocolate. 

But...

The second time I simply placed a few andes mints in a small mixing bowl and microwaved it while stirring about every 30-45 seconds. Worked like a charm.

Once your chocolate has melted simply place a ritz cracker in the melted chocolate and flip so both sides are coved. Use a fork to pull chocolate cracker out and place on parchment paper! Boom! Done! Delicious! Addicting! Thanks girl scouts for creating the (not so thin) thin mint....! 

Serving size: 15-16

Variations:

A healthier variation would be to dip fruit such as frozen bananas or strawberries. I have tried both and I must say it is SO delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment