Here's The Dish!

Welcome to my website! I aim to provide my followers and fellow college students with some yummy, healthy, low budget recipes. I will also list ways to save money but also slim your waist!
No one wants to add the infamous college 10, 20 pounds!

Lets start cooking and if you have any questions please feel free to email me at evelynscollegecooking@gmail.com.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Skinny Girl Zero Carb, All Protein Blueberry Waffles

Hello Breakfast of Champions!
Keep in mind-- you can make these into Pancakes too!
Pure Healthy Deliciousness


I am a breakfast fanatic! Its true. Guilty. Most breakfast foods (muffins, scones, pancakes, even waffles) are packed with carbs and sugar but not today people, not today. I have to give a shout out to a very inspiring women, Dantiza Denn, who is a fitness guru and has achieved many awards as a NPC Figure & Bikini Competitor (YOU GO GIRL!) I developed this recipe from her website. As I have explained earlier I am trying to cut the carbs and fat out of my diet but why sacrifice the foods you like? When you can transform them into the foods you love!

These Blueberry Waffles are super delicious and better yet HEALTHY! I whipped them up in less than 15 minutes. Perfect for a Sunday morning breakfast of champions!

Ingredients:

1 Heaping Scoop of GNC Blueberry Protein Casein 
1/4C Egg Beater Egg Whites
2 1/2 TBS Water
1 TSP Baking Powder
1 Packet Organic Stevia
Ground Cinnamon (Optional)

To-do

1) Heat waffle maker/ begin to heat skillet (if you want pancakes). 
2) Mix all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl.
3) Place in waffle maker, I added too much in mine and it began to overflow. **Be careful of this, the batter is not as thick as your typical waffle batter so you do not need to place as much in the waffle maker.
OR--
4) Place on a sprayed/ non stick skillet and cook until pancakes are done. 

Waffles: 1-2 Pancakes 2-3

Topping ideas:

Sugar free syrup
Fruit of your choice
Organic Honey

Variations:

- Instead of Blueberry Protein Powder use Vanilla or whatever kind you like!

- If you are not a fan of waffles, make pancakes. I just happen to always mess up my pancakes, because as the skillet heats up--- I burn them... I gotta get better at this!

- Add fresh blueberries in the mix

- Add almond extract or vanilla extract. Keep in mind that if you do this, place less water in the mixture so the batter does not become too runny.

- More protein-- mo' betta! Add almonds or your favorite type of nuts.

- Add dried fruit such as blueberries or cranberries.

- Add coconut flakes

No comments:

Post a Comment