Here's The Dish!

Welcome to my website! I aim to provide my followers and fellow college students with some yummy, healthy, low budget recipes. I will also list ways to save money but also slim your waist!
No one wants to add the infamous college 10, 20 pounds!

Lets start cooking and if you have any questions please feel free to email me at evelynscollegecooking@gmail.com.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Skinny Mexican Lasagna

Mmm muy delicioso!

Hola mis amigos! I have a Spanish final I am studying for I thought it would be nice to spice things up tonight with this Mexican Lasagna! This recipe is budget friendly, easy to make, and delish! So regardless if you are in Spanish, French, German or even graduated (lucky) this recipe is sure to please your stomach and your wallet!

Brown Turkey.


Slice Poblano Pepper.


Add peppers.

Penzey!

Layer.


Ingredients:

1lb Lean Ground Turkey (I used 93/7)

HEB Organic Extra Thin Tortilla Chips

2 C Frozen Corn

2 C Medium Pace Salsa

1 Chopped Poblano Pepper

1/4 C Jalapenos

2 TBS Penzey Taco Seasoning

2 C Pepper Jack Cheese**

To-do:

1) Preheat oven to 350.

2) Brown Turkey.

3) Add corn, salsa, and peppers.

4) Place tortillas at the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan, then place the meat mixture on top, then the cheese and repeat.

5) Place in the oven for 30 minutes and enjoy!

Variations:


  • Instead of tortilla chips use whole wheat low fat tortillas or corn tortillas and still layer.
  • Add a can of green chilies, chopped bell pepper, and/or onions.
  • Cutting back on sodium? Omit the taco seasoning.
  • Vegetarian? Use black beans instead of meat.
  • Instead of lean ground turkey use beef or chicken. 
Yum.
He stole my blanket while I was cooking... Sneaky boy. Serves me right. I should be cooking instead of studying. Wait ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment