Here's The Dish!

Welcome to my website! I aim to provide my followers and fellow college students with some yummy, healthy, low budget recipes. I will also list ways to save money but also slim your waist!
No one wants to add the infamous college 10, 20 pounds!

Lets start cooking and if you have any questions please feel free to email me at evelynscollegecooking@gmail.com.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Vegan Gluten Free Protein Blueberry Almond Waffles



I am a huge breakfast person (if you haven't realized already). My mom and dad make waffles every weekend. And when I went off to college I wanted to continue the tradition. I hope to continue this tradition for the rest of my life! There is just something about Sunday mornings. Everyone slows their pace down. After my workout this morning, I went to HEB to buy some Almond Flour. I wanted to mix buckwheat flour with something, and after research almond flour seemed like the perfect fit.



I don't know about you, but every time I eat waffles or pancakes I am ALWAYS hungry again within the hour! So to prevent this, I added my GNC Vanilla Protein powder. 



This recipe is awesome. Sweet and protein packed, without the fatty oils, eggs, butter and sugar! So go ahead, put on a pot of coffee. And surprise your roommates, boyfriend, girlfriend, kiddos with this delicious Sunday morning breakfast.



Ingredients:

(Dry)

1 C Almond Flour

1/2 C Buckwheat Flour

1 C Vanilla Protein Powder (About two scoops)

4 TSP Baking Powder

1/4 TSP Salt

1/4 TSP Ground Cinnamon

(Wet)

1 Mashed Banana

1/2 C Unsweetened Apple Sauce

1 C Unsweetened Almond Milk 

Splash of Water (a little less then 1/3 C)

Fresh Blueberries 

To-do

1) Heat up waffle maker
2) Whisk dry ingredients together
3) Mix wet ingredients together
4) Combine wet and dry ingredients
5) Spray PAM on heated waffle maker, cook, enjoy!

Serving size: 8 waffles (mine was 1/4 C mixture per waffle).

I used sugar free maple syrup on top with a few extra blueberries!

Variations:

Instead of Vanilla protein powder-- add chocolate or blueberry protein powder.
** You can use wheat pastry flour.

Instead of blueberries add strawberries, raspberries or blackberries.

You can add a TBS of Unsweetened Chocolate Cocoa.


No comments:

Post a Comment