Here's The Dish!

Welcome to my website! I aim to provide my followers and fellow college students with some yummy, healthy, low budget recipes. I will also list ways to save money but also slim your waist!
No one wants to add the infamous college 10, 20 pounds!

Lets start cooking and if you have any questions please feel free to email me at evelynscollegecooking@gmail.com.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Skinny Style Bruschetta

Have you picked out your wine?

Mmm bella.


Its Wine Wednesday! I love pairing bruschetta with wine. Mmm. This recipe took me less than 15 minutes to whip up! It is so refreshing, easy, healthy and did I mention a perfect pair with wine? Oh yeah... I did.

Ingredients:

1/2 C Chopped Tomato
1/4 C Chopped Onion
1TBS Balsamic Vinegar or Low-fat Italian Dressing
Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese
Reduced Fat Ritz Crackers or Whole Grain Bread (sliced into squares)
Salt & Pepper To Taste

To-do:

1) Preheat oven to 350.
2) Mix together tomato, onion, vinegar, salt and pepper.
3) Top each crackers or bread slices with mixture.
4) Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese on top
5) Place in the oven for 10 minutes.

Grab some wine and enjoy!

Variations:

- Instead of Ritz Crackers use Whole Grain Bread (sliced)

- Instead of Balsamic Vinegar use Italian Dressing


- Instead of Mozzarella Cheese use Reduced Fat Feta


- Add Garlic Salt or Minced Garlic.


- Add chopped Spinach.


Wine Choices: 


Ménage à Trois Red-- Delicious blend of Zinfandel, Carbernet Sauvignon, Merlot. My girlfriends and I love this wine!

Apothic Red is also really delicious! Shout out to my girls, Taylor and Megan. I love these girls more than anything, a big thank you for introducing me to this delicious red blend. Try pairing our favorites with this yummy recipe!


Not so into red wine? Thats okay! Try a Red Zinfandel.



No comments:

Post a Comment