Here's The Dish!

Welcome to my website! I aim to provide my followers and fellow college students with some yummy, healthy, low budget recipes. I will also list ways to save money but also slim your waist!
No one wants to add the infamous college 10, 20 pounds!

Lets start cooking and if you have any questions please feel free to email me at evelynscollegecooking@gmail.com.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Skinny Girl Cinnamon Cookies

Enjoying my cookie on this Saturday night after a long day of writing a research paper and a long workout! The perfect end to this day. Cookies and finally watching The Help! The book was amazing! Remember people, "you is good, you is smart, you is important! Now eat a darn cookie and enjoy yourself!

Cinnamon oatmeal cookies? Oh my! These are the most delicious cookies I have ever had. I am not kidding. I have been craving cookies all day but I wanted to find a guilt free recipe. I knew Mrs. Bethenny Frankel, creator of the skinny girl margarita and various cookbooks, would not fail me. I found this recipe in her "Skinny Girl Dish" Cookbook. Might I add that I love the title. How appropriate for this blog! I made a few alterations and yet they are still skinny-fied and delicious. Go a head, eat a cookie... or two!

No eggs or butter about it baby! Hellooooo vegan deliciousness.


Half Regular Half Chocolate Chip


Yummm!

No eggs or butter about it baby!

Where is my boyfriend when I need him! These might disappear!

These are SO good! Best part about them is that you eliminate the eggs and the butter! Also flour such as whole wheat pastry, buckwheat, almond are so much better for you than all-purpose flour. These flours do not stick to your body like all purpose does. You will taste and feel the difference (a GOOD difference!) Enjoy these, I know I do!

Ingredients:

1 C Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
1/2 C Almond Flour
1/2 C Raw Sugar
1/2 TSP Baking Soda
1/2 TSP Baking Powder
1/2 TSP Salt
1 TSP Ground Cinnamon
3/4 C Whole Grain Oats
1/2 C Unsweetened Apple Sauce
1/3 C Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 TSP Grape Seed Oil
1 TSP Vanilla

Optional Ingredients:

1/2 C Mini Dark Chocolate or Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 C Raisins
1/2 C Almonds or your choice of nuts

To-do

1) Preheat oven to 350.
2) In large mixing bowl sift together flour, sugar, baking sode, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
3) Then mix in, Whole grain outs, unsweetened apple sauce, almond milk, oil and vanilla.
4) Add whatever additional ingredients you want. I made half without any additional ingredients and half with chocolate chips.
5) Place drops of dough on a parchment covered cookie sheet.
6) Cook for 8-10 minutes.

Enjoy! 

Variations:
  • Use all whole wheat pastry flour if you do not have almond or any other kind. Just AVOID all purpose flour.
  • Use soy milk instead of unsweetened almond milk-- unsweetened almond has less sugar.
  • Instead of raw sugar use regular sugar.
  • Use rolled oats instead of whole grain oats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment