Here's The Dish!

Welcome to my website! I aim to provide my followers and fellow college students with some yummy, healthy, low budget recipes. I will also list ways to save money but also slim your waist!
No one wants to add the infamous college 10, 20 pounds!

Lets start cooking and if you have any questions please feel free to email me at evelynscollegecooking@gmail.com.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Skinny Chocolate Zucchini Bread

You'll Never Guess What Is Inside...


Hello Healthy

Green is GOOD!


I have a confession. I love Zucchini. So much that yes, I put it in bread. I am telling you this bread is delicious and better yet, healthy! I cut out the sugar, gluten, oil, and used only egg whites. "How," You ask? I'm just good like that! Check out this healthy chocolately treat (contradiction? ironic?-- NO!) So yummy, so chocolately, and yes, healthy.

Ingredients:

(Dry)
3/4 C Buckwheat
3/4 C Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
1/4 C Brown Sugar
2 Packets Organic Stevia
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
2 Tablespoon All Natural Cocoa Powder
11/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon

(Wet)
2 C Grated Zucchini (About 2 Medium Zucchini)
1/4 C Unsweetened Apple Sauce
1/2 C Egg Beaters
11/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

To-do:

1) Preheat oven 350.
2) Mix dry ingredients together.
3) Mix wet ingredients together.
4) Mix everything together.
5) Place dough in a nonstick pan/ sprayed pan.
6) Cook for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean!

Variations:

- If you do not have Buckwheat Flour use 11/2C Whole Wheat Pastry Flour, wheat flour. I do NOT recommend all purpose flour.
- Use two eggs instead of 1/2 C Egg Beaters.
- Use 3/4 C Sugar instead of the brown sugar and stevia mixture.
- You can leave out the cocoa powder (only 20 extra calories for the chocolately taste though!)
- Use 1/4 C Canola Oil instead of Unsweetened Apple Sauce.
- Add mini chocolate chips (**more for less), dried fruit such as cranberries, add walnuts or almonds.

A note on my variations-- I vary my recipes to make them as healthy as possible. I do not recommend all purpose flour, oil, or whole eggs. Do your health and body a favor by choosing healthier variations. If these variations are not possible no problem use what you got! I just believe in giving you the healthiest alternatives possible. I owe that to my readers and it is important to bring my healthy versions to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment