Here's The Dish!

Welcome to my website! I aim to provide my followers and fellow college students with some yummy, healthy, low budget recipes. I will also list ways to save money but also slim your waist!
No one wants to add the infamous college 10, 20 pounds!

Lets start cooking and if you have any questions please feel free to email me at evelynscollegecooking@gmail.com.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Salsa Turkey Meatloaf: Skinny Girl Style

Mmmmmm.


I have always loved meatloaf. My grandma used to make it all the time! So I wanted to make my own little version by cutting out the ketchup and adding ground turkey instead of ground beef! The best thing about this recipe is, that it is healthy and it makes enough to feed all of your roommates, a hungry boyfriend and his buddies, growing kiddos, or heck-- leftovers for yourself.

I love recipes that make a lot so I can have food to bring to work throughout the week. It just makes my busy life so much easier. This recipe is simple in that all you have to do is place all of the ingredients in a bowl, mix up, place in a bread pan and voila dinner is served!

Ingredients:

1C Chopped Onion
1C Frozen Spinach
3/4C Pace Salsa
1TSP Minced Garlic
1TSP Penzey Paprika
1TBS Worcestershire Sauce
1/3C Whole Wheat Oats
2 TBS Egg Beater or 2 Egg Whites**

To-do:

1) Preheat oven to 350.
2) Mix all of the ingredients together.
3) The icky part is having to touch the raw meat and place in either a non-stick or sprayed bread pan/ cooking sheet. If you use a cookie sheet shape the mixture into a bread-loaf-like shape.
4) Place in the oven for 60 minutes.

I added a side of asparagus! 

Enjoy!


** You can use Extra Lean Ground Turkey such as 99/1, I used 93/7.
** One Egg instead of egg whites

No comments:

Post a Comment