Here's The Dish!

Welcome to my website! I aim to provide my followers and fellow college students with some yummy, healthy, low budget recipes. I will also list ways to save money but also slim your waist!
No one wants to add the infamous college 10, 20 pounds!

Lets start cooking and if you have any questions please feel free to email me at evelynscollegecooking@gmail.com.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Skinny Girl Tuna-mole



So I have been trying to cut the carbs out of my diet and come to find out that by doing so you actually save a lot of money! I saw this photo on Pinterest that said, "Your body is not a waste basket". So I got to thinking... How can I make the same food that I love, using less of the calorie packed processed food that my body hates? So I am on a mission, to eat clean, cut unnecessary carbs and get the stubborn six pack to come out from hiding.

I love tuna (especially my tuna cakes) but I do not want to use mayonnaise anymore so I started think what I could mix in to have a nice creamy texture but not the bad fats and processed oils from my mayo. And voila I thought of guacamole. I am telling you this is my new favorite tuna and it is easy to whip up and make for lunch, dinner, or even a snack!

This is hardly a recipe, its so easy and takes virtually nothing and no time to make!

Ingredients

1/4-1/2 Ripe Avocado*
1 Can Albacore Tuna in water
Seasoning of your choice (I used Penzey Sweet Curry Regular and Chipotle Ground Red) I like spicy!

1) Slice your avocado in half around the giant seed in the middle. While the avocado is still in the peel slice vertical and horizontal lines to make up little squares. They should start to just come out of the avocado peel and into your medium mixing bowl.
2) Drain your Albacore Tuna and place in the mixing bowl.
3) Add the seasoning of your choice.
4) Mix all together and enjoy!

Here are some variation ideas:

Add lime juice
Add some Pace salsa
Mix in cut up bell peppers
Use Penzey Mural Seasoning or Mrs. Dash if you are cutting back on your sodium intake
Add golden raisins or cranberries (sweet and spicy!)


*** Avocados are ripe when they are really squishy! You do not want to use a really hard avocado because it is hard to cut and mix!


No comments:

Post a Comment