Here's The Dish!

Welcome to my website! I aim to provide my followers and fellow college students with some yummy, healthy, low budget recipes. I will also list ways to save money but also slim your waist!
No one wants to add the infamous college 10, 20 pounds!

Lets start cooking and if you have any questions please feel free to email me at evelynscollegecooking@gmail.com.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Skinny Pasta

Delicious

Zucchini "Noodles"


I wish I could say I was Italian, or maybe I just want an excuse to drink wine. As if you really need one? Enjoy one of my favorite recipes!

Ingredients:

1 Zucchini
1 lb 99/1 Lean Ground Turkey (2 Cups-- I saved the rest)
1 TBS Minced Garlic
1/2 C Ragu Light No Sugar Added Light Spaghetti Sauce
Seasoning of choice (I like sodium free Penzey Spices)

To-do

1) Brown turkey on skillet.
2) Cut Zucchini into thin noodle like strips (the thinner the better).
3) Place Zucchini on a sprayed non-stick pan, low-medium heat. Cook until al dente.
4) Sprinkle Seasoning on extra lean turkey and add minced garlic.
5) Add Ragu Light Spaghetti Sauce to extra lean ground turkey.
6) Place Zucchini noodles on a plate and add turkey mixture on top.
7) Add Reduced Fat Feta or Parmesan.

Serving Size: 1 if you are really hungry, or 2.

Variations:

Instead of Extra Lean Ground Turkey use and variation of turkey or lean ground beef.
Instead of Penzey Spices use Mrs. Dash (all sodium free)

*** A great way to save money and time is to cook an entire pound of ground turkey, beef whatever and then store the leftovers for another meal. Fast, economical, and efficient.





No comments:

Post a Comment